Everybody has their kale chip recipe posted on the internet. So, why the hell not…
I like to do these in a dehydrator, but I realize only the raw foodie/hippie-types among us actually have those, so I’ve included an oven method as well.
- Bunch of kale (I like to use one of those big pre-washed/chopped bags, otherwise get a tied-together bundle and wash, de-stem and tear into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 c raw, unsalted cashews, powdered
- ½ c roasted red peppers
- ½ c water
- ¼ c nutritional yeast
- 1 t red pepper flake (optional – if you like spicy goodness go for it!)
- 1 t sea salt
- Powder cashews in a grinder, high-speed blender, or processor, then add all other ingredients (except the kale) and blend until very smooth.
- Place kale pieces in a very large bowl and toss with all of the cashew cream until all of the kale leaves are coated.
- Place in your dehydrator and dehydrate at 105 degrees for 3-4 hours, turning once.
- You can also do this on cookie sheets in your oven, on very low heat (200 degrees) for 45 minutes to an hour.