My little love is 13 months old now. He is running and climbing and eating like there is no tomorrow. I can already see he shares his father’s metabolism (great for him, horrific for my wallet). Feeding the two of them is a full-time job. One I love, for the most part, thank goodness. If only my day job were as fun.
Auggie has loved every morsel he (or I) have put in his mouth so far. The only thing he’s not sure about are blueberries, but he’ll still eat them. To my delight, he loves quinoa, lentils, and tempeh (and good thing as his dad and I eat them each week). Here’s a quick dinner that he loves a lot and is packed full of goodness for his busy little body.
- ½ cup dry quinoa (any kind)
- ½ cup dry lentils (quick cooking kind – red or yellow)
- 1 cup water or veggie broth
- 1 cup mashed veggies (sweet potato, peas, broccoli, whatever baby likes!)
- Bring quinoa and lentils and water or broth to a boil in a medium sized pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- Once at a rolling boil, reduce to a simmer, cover tightly, and cook for 20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and lentils are soft.
- Mix with semi-mashed veggies.