This pie is so easy and delicious. It honestly can be ready in 20 minutes. If you want to cheat and buy a pre-made crust, some of the graham cracker ones at the grocery are vegan. However, the one below
is super easy to make and gluten free!
Here I am making this, seven months pregnant and dying to lick the spoon:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
this vegan, gluten free pie comes together in 20 minutes and is amazing.
For the crust:
- 1 & ½ cups of almond flour or meal
- ¼ t sea salt
- ¼ t baking soda
- 2 T agave
- ¼ c neutral oil (like grapeseed or canola)
For the chocolate pudding:
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 T arrowroot (or corn starch)
- ¼ t salt
- 1-2 T agave (depends on how sweet you want it)
- ½ t vanilla
- 1 c dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the peanut butter fudge:
- ¾ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
To make the crust:
- Mix everything in a food processor until combined.
- Press with wet hands into a 9″ greased pie plate.
- Bake at 325 degrees for about 12 minutes (until golden and aromatic).
To make the chocolate pudding:
- Boil coconut milk and salt over medium high heat in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Once at a rolling boil, add arrowroot and whisk a bunch for about 2 minutes until thick.
- Add in agave and vanilla and stir just to incorporate.
- Take it off the heat and let it sit (to stop boiling) for a minute or two.
- Toss in the chocolate chips, whisk to melt them fully and combine them.
- Let cool in fridge.
To make the peanut butter fudge:
- Melt peanut butter (the kind with no sugar!) over medium heat in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Add powdered sugar and stir well to incorporate (this is basically the lazy person’s fudge).
Putting it all together!
- Take your cooled (or cool-ish) pie crust and spread the peanut butter fudge all over the bottom with a rubber spatula.
- Pour the chocolate pudding on top.
- Sprinkle on some nuts, chocolate chips, caramel drizzle…whatever your fancy.
- Chill 4+ hours (over night is ideal). Slice, eat, repeat!