This is more of a method than a recipe. You can use this sweet, delicious stuff for so many things: butternut squash bisque (my personal favorite), delicious baby food, a nice addition to a pesto pizza, even a sub for pumpkin in a sweet pie. Give it a try! It’s easy. Promise.
- 1+ whole butternut squash
- 1+ teaspoon of neutral oil (I used grapeseed)
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Cut the ends off the squash, then cut them in half long ways.
- Oil the inside and outside and place cut-side-down on a dark, rimmed baking sheet (they will produce some water while roasting, you’ve been warned).
- Roast the squash for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on their size*, until the skins are golden brown and you can very easily pierce the squash with a fork.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard and use the flesh immediately or store in the fridge for later use!