My little man is 9 months old. He is the love of my life and waiting all these months until he started eating solid foods was torture. I show love through food and if I could have, he would have eaten roasted veggie lasagna and fresh, crusty bread, and a big green salad, and a slice of pie the night I brought him home from the hospital. Alas, we’re just now delving into wild things like plums.
I plan to write occasionally about raising a vegan baby. Since he’s just starting to eat, and so far has only enjoyed fruits and veggies, it isn’t challenging yet. But, I’m already getting the, “Where will he get protein?” questions (accompanied by looks that imply I’m not fit to parent). I plan to answer that and other burning questions through baby food recipes once in a while.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced into one inch cubes
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped
- ½ t of cinnamon
- Steam chopped sweet potato in a steamer or in a steam basket over a pot of simmering water for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are very soft.
- Add in apples after the potatoes have been steaming for 10 minutes (they only take about 15 minutes total).
- Blend everything in a small food processor or Magic Bullet, with cinnamon, until smooth and creamy.
- Serve your happy baby!