I like to spiral slice veggies and use them in place of pasta because we don’t each much gluten in my house and brown rice pasta ain’t that exciting.
Zucchini is my favorite faux-pasta. You get long, spaghetti-like strands if you spiral slice it (you can also just use a veggie peeler) and sometimes I add in a carrot for sweetness.
This dish is topped with roasted red pepper cream sauce and some thinly sliced tempeh that I tossed in a garlic pepper seasoning blend and sauteed in just a small bit of oil for about 15 minutes until it was crispy.
- ½ cup raw cashew (heaping)
- ½ cup water (scant)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 T sweet white miso
- 1 whole roasted red bell pepper (I used jarred and it comes out great)
- ¼ t salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ t fresh ground pepper
- ½ t smoked paprika
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Powder the raw cashews in a grinder, high speed blender, or food processor.
- Add water and process until cashew mixture is totally creamy and smooth.
- Add all other ingredients and blend until combined.